MoK at Six Degrees of Blondness has tagged me with the Weird Science Meme.
THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the six weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own six weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose six people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
Okay, here goes:
1. I enjoy cutting the grass. As much as I complain about the heat, I really enjoy the time to myself (no one bothers me when I’m cutting the grass) and the “instant gratification”. I can see what I’ve accomplished immediately.
2. I like bananas, but I don’t like anything that’s “banana flavored”, like candy or cake frosting. Conversely, I don’t like watermelon, but I do like stuff that’s “watermelon flavored”.
3. I only wear one contact lens. My distance vision is fine, so I only need correction for reading and close work. I wear a contact lens in my left eye only. The principle is called “monovision” – the brain automagically focuses with the eye that is best for the job at hand. Thus, when I read, I’m subconsciously using only my left eye; when I drive, only my right eye.
4. I don’t particularly like diamonds. Frankly, I think they’re boring. My engagement ring is an emerald (green being my favorite color), but I also like rubies and sapphires. My birthstone is aquamarine – which is almost as boring as diamonds.
5. Both of my children were planned, and born right on schedule. My son was born on his due date; my daughter was 19 hours late (she was due on April 10, and not born until 7PM on April 11). I had both of them natural, no C-section, no induced labor. Also, my daughter was born with 2 teeth (that’s probably why she was late).
6. In my entire 49 years, my hair has never been long enough to put it in a pony tail. I’ve always worn it short. When my daughter left for Germany in November, I promised her that I wouldn’t have it cut until she got home (in two years). Hopefully, by then it will be long enough. Of course, right now it’s in-between – it’s too long to be “short”, but it’s too short to be “long”. I may go insane before I get it past this stage. Right now, it’s longer than it’s ever been before.
There you go – six weird things about me. I’m tagging